The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) on Friday said that enhancements on the Cavite Expressway (Cavitex) might be completed by the last week of July, which would further cut travel time along the expressway by as much as 20 minutes.
Public Works Secretary Mark Villar said the project was expected to ease the increasing congestion along the highway.
The Cavitex enhancement project, which started late last year, consists of two phases. The first phase was the P400-million road widening from MIAA to Zapote and the construction of a flyover.
The second phase, worth P300 million, involved the widening of the bridge in Wawa, Las Piñas.—Jovic Yee
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.