Credit to Author: Tempo Desk| Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:01:30 +0000
The Philippine National Police Regional Office 7 director did some house cleaning by implementing a total revamp in two municipal police stations in Cebu.
Chief Supt. Debold Sinas first sacked the entire personnel of the Daanbantayan police station and also spearheaded the conduct of a surprise drug test for the incoming and outgoing personnel.
Aside from the 22 personnel, the town police chief, Senior Insp. Andrian Nalua, was also sacked.
Nalua was replaced by Chief Insp. William Homoc.
Twenty-eight operatives from the Regional Mobile Force Company were brought in to replace the sacked police officers.
Sinas arrived at the police station around 10 a.m. last Saturday and announced the total revamp during a formation.
“Your performance last year especially in the illegal drug campaign was dismal. I think you only conducted at least 10 anti-drug operations,” Sinas said.
Sinas told the sacked policemen that they will be reassigned to the RMFB to undergo a moral recovery program.
“There is no assurance that you can return to your old post after the program,” Sinas said.
Later in the day, Sinas proceeded to the San Fernando police station for another round of revamp.
Sinas sacked the 22 personnel of the town police station, including its chief, Senior Insp. Arve Arbuis.
The San Fernando police is now manned by 31 operatives led by new station director Chief Insp. Lymel Pasquin.
Just like in Daanbantayan, Sinas admonished the sacked policemen for their poor performance in the anti-illegal drug campaign.
Daanbantayan became controversial when its mayor, retired Chief Supt. Vicente Loot, was implicated by President Duterte in the illegal drug trade. (Calvin Cordova)