Credit to Author: Tempo Desk| Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:55:20 +0000
Five more Filipinos were added in the list of those injured in the devastating explosions that rocked Beirut last week, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Monday.
Quoting reports from the Philippine Embassy in Lebanon, the DFA said the total number of Filipinos injured in the twin blasts is now 47.
According to the DFA, the injuries sustained by the Filipinos are “not life-threatening” as it credited the Embassy personnel for their immediate response.
“We are still thankful that the injuries sustained by our kababayans are not life-threatening. We also thank our Embassy personnel for taking prompt action,” the DFA’s Office of Migrant Workers Affairs said in a statement.
The DFA is expected to repatriate this week the remains of four Filipinos who died in the blasts along with some 400 OFWs throu