16 Countries Now Over 10% Plugin Vehicle Share, 6 Over 20%

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 03:30:09 +0000

The plugin electric vehicle market has exploded in the past year (in a good way), thanks especially to the European Union requiring that automakers sell more efficient vehicles (EVs) or pay big fines. All of a sudden, automakers have discovered that consumers will indeed buy millions of EVs if you produce them and market them […]

Read more

Volkswagen Group Is Now King Of EV Sales In Sweden & Switzerland

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 15:56:36 +0000

Under some of our recent EV sales reports, readers requested charts and stats for automotive group sales, not just sales by model or even brand. It was even pointed out that this is the only comparison many people in the industry actually care about. Those seem like good points, so here’s an update on Sweden […]

Read more

Volkswagen Sneaks Ahead Of Tesla In Hot Swiss EV Market

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 03:11:37 +0000

Switzerland is a top electric vehicle market in the world. So far this year, 7.5% of all auto sales in the country are full-electric vehicles (BEV). Another 19.3% are plugin hybrid sales, which brings the total plugin share to 26.8%. The top selling BEV on the Swiss market is the Tesla Model 3. It had […]

Read more

Top 3 Electric Models In 10 Countries With Highest EV Market Share

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 00:08:02 +0000

The top 10 countries with the highest share of new car sales coming from 100% electric vehicles are featured below. Additionally, I’m listing the top 3 fully electric models in each of those countries and their share of the overall plugin vehicle market. The data and charts come from EAFO except in the case of […]

Read more

Volkswagen ID.4 Is Mopping Up In Europe — April Sales Chart

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 06:32:39 +0000

The Volkswagen ID.3 seems like it just hit the market, but the attention has already shifted to the Volkswagen ID.4, and that’s because the ID.4 is mopping up in Europe (and also the only fully electric Volkswagen available in the USA). We publish monthly plugin electric vehicle sales reports for several European countries and Europe […]

Read more

Eala survives first round scare in Switzerland tourney

Credit to Author: Tempo Desk| Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 23:02:32 +0000

By KRISTEL SATUMBAGA Alex Eala survived an opening-set scare and beat lucky loser Margot Yerolymos of France, 7-6 (6), 6-2, at the start of the W60 Bellinzona in Switzerland Tuesday night. Eala overcame her erratic service game in the first set to defeat 23-year-old Yerolymos and advance to the second round of her first $60,000 […]

Read more

WHO expert in PH to assist in genomic surveillance 

Credit to Author: Red Mendoza| Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 05:27:13 +0000

A technical expert of the World Health Organization has arrived to help the Department of Health monitor the spread of Covid-19 variants in the country. The consultant arrived from Geneva, Switzerland last week and has been helping the DoH and another team of consultants from the WHO Philippines country office in the past few days. “Gusto nating mas maintindihan pa kung ano yung epekto nitong variants, ano […]

Read more

Volkswagen Had 19% Of Electric Vehicle Sales In Germany, Netherlands, Norway, & 6 Other European Countries In January & February

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 20:19:04 +0000

Germany’s electric vehicle model sales data came in sooner than I thought, so I’m already providing an update to this report. As I noted the other day, Germany’s numbers are enormous compared to the other countries included in this analysis, so adding its numbers in can really shift things around. To get rolling, the key […]

Read more

Switzerland at 7.7% Pure EV Market Share — Zoe, ID.3, & Model 3 Lead Swiss EV Sales

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 15:45:52 +0000

The Swiss electric vehicle market is one of the most mature/advanced in the world. Only trailing Norway and France, 7.7% of light-duty vehicle sales were sales of pure electric vehicles (BEVs) in February, and the figure is 7.6% for the first two months of the year combined. Overall, plugin vehicle sales accounted for 15.1% of […]

Read more

Top Electric Models In 8 European Countries In February — 108 Models Ranked

Credit to Author: Zachary Shahan| Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 04:50:13 +0000

Someone especially focused on fully electric car sales in Europe has put together a site that tracks and shares fully electric vehicle (BEV) registration data from 9 European countries as it comes out. Running across the site recently, I decided to have some fun with the data by creating charts on specific stats or rankings […]

Read more