Credit to Author: besguerra| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 21:37:55 +0000
MANILA, Philippines — The government should focus on holding peace talks with rebels who do not listen to Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founder Jose Maria Sison as this could be more productive, Sen. Panfilo Lacson said on Tuesday.
The post Lacson urges gov’t to exclude Sison from talks with Reds appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: CATHERINE S. VALENTE, TMT| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:43:23 +0000
PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte approved a national plan to integrate the government’s efforts to address the armed conflict with local communists, Malacañang said on Tuesday. Speaking to reporters, Palace spokesman Salvador…READ
The post Palace: Duterte OKs national plan vs communist insurgency appeared first on The Manila Times Online.Read more
Credit to Author: besguerra| Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:31:25 +0000
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Monday said President Rodrigo Duterte’s latest plan to create a new five-member government peace panel was proof of his openness to talk with the communist insurgents, even if he had previously rejected the idea.
The post Palace: Duterte still open to peace talks with Reds appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: eestopace| Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 13:57:49 +0000
President Rodrigo Duterte mocked the communist rebels on Tuesday as he reiterated his earlier statement that the peace talks are over.
The post Duterte tells Reds: With peace talks over, why should I be scared of you? appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: The Manila Times| Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 10:32:57 +0000
ZAMBOANGA CITY – Communist insurgents killed an Army soldier and wounded six more in ferocious clashes in Lanao del Sur, one of five provinces under the Muslim autonomous region in the Southern…READ
The post NPA kills soldier, 6 more wounded in battle in Lanao Sur appeared first on The Manila Times Online.Read more
Credit to Author: Alexander Magno| Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 17:30:17 +0000
CITY OF CALAPAN – The New People’s Army (NPA) assumed responsibility for the brief “arrest” of three people, including a village chief, in Bansud town in Oriental Mindoro province on Friday evening. On Sunday, Madaay Gasic, spokesperson of Lucio de Guzman Command of NPA-Mindoro identified Peter Delos Santos, Malo village chair, and village police chief […]
The post NPA owns up to abducting 3 people in Oriental Mindoro appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: Alexander Magno| Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 16:36:06 +0000
Three of four people who were reportedly kidnapped by members of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Bansud town in Oriental Mindoro province Friday night were released on Saturday, according to the police.
The post NPA releases abducted barangay chief, 2 others in Mindoro appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: besguerra| Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 21:18:31 +0000
BACOLOD CITY — A high-ranking leader of the New People’s Army (NPA) in Negros Occidental province and his two companions were arrested on Monday night by a team of policemen and soldiers in Kabankalan City.Read more