How to sponsor your spouse from Hong Kong for Canadian immigration

Credit to Author: Shelby Thevenot| Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 13:48:19 +0000

If you are Canadian and you want to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner from Hong Kong for Canadian immigration, the first step is to see if you are eligible. As the sponsor, you have to be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or First Nation over the age of 18. You also need to sign […]

The post How to sponsor your spouse from Hong Kong for Canadian immigration first appeared on CIC News.

Read more

Canada launching new work permit for Hong Kong graduates, skilled workers

Credit to Author: Shelby Thevenot| Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 15:36:25 +0000

Hong Kong residents will be able to apply for a new Canadian open work permit starting February 8. The new three-year work permits will allow Hongkongers to gain work experience in Canada. They can then use that experience toward an immigration application. Canada’s popular Express Entry system highly values candidates with Canadian work experience. In […]

Read more

Work permit program change is great news for international students, Canadian employers

Credit to Author: Stephen Sherman| Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:00:36 +0000

In addition to its world-class education system and high standard of living, Canada offers another important advantage to international students: access to a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) after graduation. The PGWP is an open work permit that can be used to gain Canadian work experience, a valuable asset in obtaining permanent resident (PR) status in […]

Read more

Canada is now sending work and study permits by mail

Credit to Author: Shelby Thevenot| Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 16:18:59 +0000

Foreign nationals who are in Canada and who have been approved to work or study can now get their permits sent to them by mail. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is now opening up its web form to take requests from people who have their Letter of Introductions (LOIs) but no way to travel […]

Read more

Staying in Canada after losing your job

Credit to Author: Shelby Thevenot| Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:00:23 +0000

Foreign nationals who lost their jobs due to coronavirus have the added burden of wondering whether they will also lose their status in Canada, and how the loss of employment will affect their Canadian immigration applications. There are options for staying in Canada even after losing your job. If you are in Canada on a […]

Read more

Sponsoring common-law partners to Canada during coronavirus

Credit to Author: Shelby Thevenot| Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 12:00:09 +0000

Canada’s travel restrictions to stop the spread of coronavirus do not extend to immediate family members, including common-law partners. For the purposes of immigration, Canada defines a common-law partnership as two people who have lived together for one year in what the government calls a “conjugal relationship,” or a “marriage-like” relationship. Canadian citizens and permanent […]

Read more