Noynoy Aquino, Joma weigh in on revolutionary gov’t

President Rodrigo Duterte’s threat to form a revolutionary government sounded familiar to two prominent individuals who had been up close to what a revolution meant — former President Benigno Aquino III whose mother was the country’s first revolutionary government leader and Jose Ma. Sison who founded a communist movement that continues to wage a countryside revolution.

The post Noynoy Aquino, Joma weigh in on revolutionary gov’t appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Palace welcomes public support for martial law extension in Mindanao

Palace welcomes public support for martial law extension in Mindanao

Malacañang welcomed on Saturday the recent Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey showing that most Filipinos supported President Rodrigo Duterte’s proposal to extend martial law in Mindanao until Dec. 31.

The post Palace welcomes public support for martial law extension in Mindanao appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Duterte: I was offended by Santiago’s press statement

dionisio santiago

President Rodrigo Duterte said he had been offended by former Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) chief Dionisio Santiago’s comments on the government’s approach to rehabilitate drug suspects, which the latter should have discussed with him instead of bringing these up before the media.

The post Duterte: I was offended by Santiago’s press statement appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Mayor in Cebu of loses power over police for alleged drug ties

Mariano Blanco III

Mayor Mariano Blanco III of Ronda town was dumbfounded when he received a report from the National Police Commission (Napolcom) that he was allegedly involved in the illegal drugs trade. “I’m really shocked. I have been serving the town for 22 years now, and my name was never besmirched until this issue came,” he said in a phone interview on Wednesday.

The post Mayor in Cebu of loses power over police for alleged drug ties appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

We won’t back a revolutionary gov’t, Defense, AFP chiefs assure Robredo

We won’t back a revolutionary gov’t, Defense, AFP chiefs assure Robredo

Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Lt. Gen. Rey Leonardo Guerrero, chief of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), have assured Vice President Leni Robredo that the military will not support any move placing the country under a revolutionary government.

The post We won’t back a revolutionary gov’t, Defense, AFP chiefs assure Robredo appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Duterte agrees with Trillanes on usurpation of authority case vs Aquino

Rodrigo Duterte - departure speech for Vietnam - 8 Nov 2017

President Rodrigo Duterte agrees with Sen. Antonio Trillanes’ misgivings about the filing of a usurpation of authority case against former President Benigno Aquino III over the botched Mamasaapano operation that killed 44 Special Action Forces police commandos.

The post Duterte agrees with Trillanes on usurpation of authority case vs Aquino appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Duterte eyes ‘complete conciliation’ with Church

Duterte eyes ‘complete conciliation’ with Church

Malacañang on Monday said President Rodrigo Duterte was working on a “complete conciliation” with the influential Catholic Church after thousands joined its prayer rally against extrajudicial killings on Sunday.

The post Duterte eyes ‘complete conciliation’ with Church appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Roque denies he’s using his office to campaign for 2019 elections

Roque denies he’s using his office to campaign for 2019 elections

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque denied Monday that he was using his position to campaign for the 2019 midterm elections. In his first Palace briefing last Thursday, Roque said he would conduct weekly press briefings in the provinces. On Sunday, he held a press briefing in Cebu City.

The post Roque denies he’s using his office to campaign for 2019 elections appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more

Use of drug funds for terror war sought

Use of drug funds for terror war sought

BAGUIO CITY — Instead of scrapping the P900-million budget for the antidrug “Oplan Double Barrel,” the Senate should realign it to train and arm policemen for counterterrorism operations amid evidence that foreign terrorists were behind the attempt to turn Marawi City into an Islamic State (IS) province, according to Sen. Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito.

The post Use of drug funds for terror war sought appeared first on Inquirer News.

Read more