Credit to Author: besguerra| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 21:37:55 +0000
MANILA, Philippines — The government should focus on holding peace talks with rebels who do not listen to Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founder Jose Maria Sison as this could be more productive, Sen. Panfilo Lacson said on Tuesday.
The post Lacson urges gov’t to exclude Sison from talks with Reds appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: CATHERINE S. VALENTE, TMT| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:43:23 +0000
PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte approved a national plan to integrate the government’s efforts to address the armed conflict with local communists, Malacañang said on Tuesday. Speaking to reporters, Palace spokesman Salvador…READ
The post Palace: Duterte OKs national plan vs communist insurgency appeared first on The Manila Times Online.Read more
Credit to Author: mfrialde| Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 01:56:08 +0000
Exiled communist leader Jose Maria “Joma” Sison on Tuesday said the determination of the Duterte administration to pursue local peace talks
The post Local peace negotiation means death of peace talks – Joma Sison appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: besguerra| Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:31:25 +0000
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Monday said President Rodrigo Duterte’s latest plan to create a new five-member government peace panel was proof of his openness to talk with the communist insurgents, even if he had previously rejected the idea.
The post Palace: Duterte still open to peace talks with Reds appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: eestopace| Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 13:56:56 +0000
The new peace panel will oversee localized peace agreements and provide “fresh hope,” Presidential Peace Adviser Carlito Galvez said Monday.
The post New peace panel to give ‘fresh hope’ amid armed conflict in PH — Galvez appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: The Manila Times| Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:46:15 +0000
AS the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Monday welcomed the proposed formation of a panel that would negotiate peace anew with communist rebels, their leader Jose Maria “Joma”…READ
The post Military welcomes panel for peace talks, Sison rejects it appeared first on The Manila Times Online.Read more
Credit to Author: eestopace| Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 13:57:49 +0000
President Rodrigo Duterte mocked the communist rebels on Tuesday as he reiterated his earlier statement that the peace talks are over.
The post Duterte tells Reds: With peace talks over, why should I be scared of you? appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more
Credit to Author: jvicente| Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 03:05:53 +0000
President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed former military colonel as the executive director of the national secretariat of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict.
The post Ex-military colonel named head of secretariat of TF dealing with communists appeared first on Inquirer News.Read more